Monday, July 11, 2011

Canelé

When our local bakery, Pane D'Amore, proved to have canelés issuing from their ovens, I could not have been more excited.
If you're not familiar with this treat, Chow will fill you in:



I am not sure about what the concerns are that led the baker in this video to limit production to 12 canelés per day. Hmmm. The well-loved organic bakery in Paris that introduced me to canelés, on rue Daguerre, certainly produces more than 12 per day; untold  masses would not be amused to encounter an empty tray by, say, 8:12 AM.

Cheri Pye (I did not make up that name) at Greenhouse Design did a really gorgeous behind-the-scenes photo tour of this bakery, Le Moulin de la Vierge, which should not be missed.

Sometimes I suspect that the only thing I would like more than a perfect canelé is a perfect canelé surrounded by its friends. Luckily, my local bakery is happy to make this happen for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment